Senior Statistical Analyst (RWE) – Global CRO – Remote or Office Based – UK/Europe
We have partnered with this leading, global CRO, who are looking for a Senior Statistical Analyst within their Real World Evidence strategy & analytics team - (office or Home based) to join their dynamic and exciting team, where you will be dedicated to working on observational and real world evidence based trials for a number of indications.
As the Senior Statistical Analyst, you will develop statistical analysis plans and perform statistical analysis on assigned projects in accordance with study specifications, applicable guidelines, regulatory requirements and SOPs. In addition, you will be responsible for producing the tables, listings and figures for studies, manuscripts and abstracts, as well as operating in a client facing role and act as a project lead across the team.
You will be expected to recognize the importance of and build a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to the business and meeting clients’ needs.
Office based, or home based across the UK or Europe
- Supports study start-up activities (e.g. reviews, comments on and contributes to study design, protocols, case report forms).
- Writes statistical methods sections of study protocols including sample size and power calculations with oversight.
- Supports development of statistical analysis plans and develops table shells.
- Reviews database specifications and leads initial review of raw variables and develops written specifications for derived variables from oral descriptions.
- Programs basic statistical procedures and specialized statistical procedures (e.g., repeated measures, survival analysis, etc.) and/or SAS/Graph.
- Develops complex macros for use by the group.
- Develops deliverables, such as project reports and outputs, graphs, and tables with oversight.
- Writes methods and results sections of final reports and publications such as abstracts, presentations, and manuscripts, with oversight.
- Communicates with the client or investigator as needed.
- May participate in professional activities including presentations at technical conferences (e.g. SAS meetings, ISPOR) with oversight.
- Master’s or PhD
- 5+ years of experience as a Statistician or SAS Programmer
- Prior clinical industry experience in either CRO, pharmaceutical, or academic/site setting
- Proficient in SAS Data step with simple and complex conditional statements and variable creation, merges and concatenation
- Experience using macros and arrays for repetitive tasks.
- Experience using descriptive statistics procedures for summarizing, restructuring, and outputting data.
- Experience using SAS Output Delivery System to control output from statistical procedures.
- Proficient in performing analyses using basic through advanced statistical procedures.
- Prior real world study experience is preferred, but not required.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- Very competitive benefits package
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives for you and your family
- Interesting and innovative projects
- Collaborative and inspirational working environment / atmosphere
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- Be challenged in a fast-paced team environment that is collaborative in performing biostatistical analyses and statistical programming.
- Development opportunities and mentoring at all levels enable you to progress your long-term career in the direction you choose.
- Work – life balance
- WFH or office based.
What to do next: If this opportunity is of interest, please apply now with your CV as the organisation are looking to welcome the new Statistical Analyst onboard as soon as possible.