We are delighted to be teamed up with this early stage, venture-funded gene-writing company who have developed a unique technology that has the potential to disrupt the gene therapy/gene writing landscape. The company is working to advance the technology and move therapeutic indications into the clinic.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated leader with extensive experience at bridging the gap between laboratory research and the development of therapeutic treatments for human diseases. You will lead and build a Bioanalytical & Translational Team that will play a crucial role in supporting the development of the company’s novel gene printing platform.
You will contribute to advancing the company's internal therapeutic programs through the development and validation of protein-based, biochemical and genomic assays and biomarkers, that will support the characterization of both in vitro cell models and in vivo models of diseases.
About the Role
The day-to-day responsibilities of this role will include:
- Build and manage the Bioanalytical &Translational team. Mentor employees, review goals and perform bi-annual performance evaluation
- Implement traceable, automated processes for defined bioanalytical assays
- Oversee the design and development of bioanalytical assays to detect and quantify specific protein and/or molecular biomarkers.
- Oversee/direct experiments and studies to understand the biology and molecular mechanisms underlying various human diseases.
- Oversee the design and execution of experiments and studies to characterize in vivo biodistribution of the company's gene printing components
- Oversee/direct scientists responsible for the analyze of proteins, DNA, RNA, and metabolites, originating from in vitro and in vivo animal studies.
- Responsible for final data QC and reporting.
- Collaborate with various internal teams (including but not limited to the Delivery, RNA production, cell and molecular biology, and in vivo teams) to oversee flawless coordination and execution of in vivo/in vitro sample analysis.
- Oversee the management of outsourced downstream sample processing at various CROs
- Oversee the preparation of accurate and timely data summaries and review written reports, present results to internal and external stakeholders. Contribute to patent fillings.
- PhD in Biology, Cell Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or related field with minimum with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience leading multi-functional teams to develop bioanalytical assays in fully automated environments is a plus
- Experience developing and validating biochemical analysis techniques (including but not limited to Western Blot, ELISA, Enzyme activity assays)
- Experience with quantitative PCR or digital droplet PCR assay development and validation
- Experience with DNA, RNA, and protein extraction from tissue
- Experience with molecular analysis of in vitro and in vivo gene insertion outcomes using next-generation sequencing, long range sequencing, quantitative PCR, and RNA sequencing
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-moving, results-oriented startup environment
- Self-motivated, passionate, and eager to continuously learn
- Flexible, cooperative, can-do attitude
This role is located in the Bay Area and offers a competitive salary package and a culture that provides a healthy work environment. Please note this company does not offer visa support. If this sounds like you, please apply or reach out email@example.com