Senior Biostatistician II – Leading CRO – Homebased – UK / Europe
We have recently partnered with an award winning CRO, who are looking for an experienced Senior Biostatistician I/II to join their successful study delivery team.
How you will be a success
The Senior Biostatistician l/II is responsible for planning, monitoring, organizing and reviewing activities of biostatisticians and programmers working on assigned studies of moderate complexity, ensuring individual studies are delivered on time, on budget to required quality.
- This position will be responsible for the leadership of the Biostatistics and Programming activities for moderate complexity studies, including;
- Protocol input such as study design, sample size calculations and patient randomization schemes
- Statistical aspects of case report form design
- Preparation of statistical analysis plans including the definition of derived data, and the design of statistical tables, figures, and data listings for clinical summary reports.
- Statistical analyses
- Interpretation of data and reporting of results
- Writing of the statistical methods sections of integrated study reports
- In addition, Senior Biostatisticians II will perform the above statistical tasks for a program of studies including maintenance of consistency across studies.
- Oncology experience preferred, but not a pre-requisite
Key Qualifications and Skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in statistics, biostatistics or related field for Biostats I
- Proven experience must be in a CRO or Pharmaceutical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge in applied parametric and nonparametric statistics and SAS programming skills.
- Should be able to translate clients’ needs into statistical practice and educate clients in the use of statistics.
- In-depth knowledge of study designs, and statistical analysis conventions in one or more therapeutic areas (Oncology beneficial).
- Knowledge of clinical trials methodology, regulatory requirements, statistics and statistical software packages, including SAS are a must.
What you get in return
- Ongoing development is vital, and as a Senior Biostatistician you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set.
- In comparison with their competitor’s and pharmaceutical companies, they provide more flexible working platforms for coaching and educating newcomers to be highly respected professionals in our industry.
- They also provide successful candidates with an excellent employment package and benefits adapted to the current job market. The company like to look at themselves more like an extended family with consideration of staff as individuals allowing a work-life balance.
This is a company where their people set them apart. Diverse teams enable them to become a better partner to their customers and help to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
The company have an ‘Own It’ culture, driven by four key values that bring them together as individuals and set them apart as an organisation:
Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. It is key to be a CRO that delivers excellence to their clients and to patients at every touchpoint. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
What to do next: If this opportunity is of interest, please apply now with your CV as the organisation are looking to welcome the new Statistician onboard as soon as possible.
Not what you are looking for? Please contact Aimee Weston on +44 7806 790645 for a confidential discussion about potential opportunities.