Principal Bioinformatician - UK, Remote
Job Overview – Who are they?
We have recently partnered with a clinical stage Biotech company, who focus on the development and commercialization of novel immunotherapy products for people with cancer.
What you will be doing
This position is a senior functional team member supporting Bioinformatics activities on assigned Research, Enterprise Data & Analytics, and QDS projects, including contributions to milestone planning and delivery, data and knowledge stewardship, and internal and external publications and presentations.
- Typically splits time across roles as a team leader and team member, supporting multiple, concurrent projects across those roles
- Performs role-relevant activities including leading Bioinformatics contributions to the design of Translational and other Research projects and analysis plans; developing or contributing to multi-omics data analyses; organization and interpretation of sequencing and other genomic biomarker data analyses; authoring and/or critical review of functional specifications, scientific manuscripts and presentations, and other documents; contributions to data curation and quality
- If assigned as a business owner, provides business leadership for its development, deployment, adoption, lifecycle management, and support, in close collaboration with both customer functions (e.g., Research) and enabling functions (e.g., Information Management, Legal, Compliance), as appropriate
- Proactively ensures quality of her/his own work and completeness and accuracy of applicable quality and process documentation
What can you bring to the table:
- Graduate degree (Post Graduate preferred) in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, life sciences, or a related field
- Demonstrated professional experience in bioinformatics, including organization, analysis, and interpretation of high-throughput (e.g., next generation sequencing) data and other multi-omics data
- Demonstrated hands-on experience performing relevant analyses using programming languages such as Python, R, or Perl, and in using relevant bioinformatics and data visualization tools and software
- Advanced to proficient knowledge of bioinformatics and genomics databases, resources, and public repositories
- Competent knowledge of oncology, immuno-oncology, or cell therapy clinical trials and analysis and interpretation of associated clinical patient data and endpoints
- Competent knowledge of drug discovery, research, and development processes in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry setting
What’s in it for you?
💰 Salary up to £85,000
✅ Collaborative and inspirational working environment / atmosphere
🏡 Excellent employment package and work/life balance
What is the next step
Interested? Drop me a message or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org receive more details surrounding this role and discuss this further! 😎